Cosmopolitan Party Starter Edit*
Boy have I got a hefty beauty box for you today! For the past few years I’ve found beauty boxes have got a lot more hit and miss, so I’ve been put off of ordering them for myself. That said, Latest In Beauty are really killing it right now with their collaborations, and the Cosmopolitan Party Starter Edit is definitely one of my favourites to be released.
I love the process of getting ready for a big party, probably because they are far and few between. I really enjoy taking the time to really pamper myself and give my face and body a little bit of TLC. This box includes an impressive amount of products, and I’ve listed everything included below:
- Sleek Makeup i-Divine All Night Long Eyeshadow Palette
- Glitterlution Glitter Pots
- Glamglow Gravitiymud Firming Mask Treatment
- Gilette Venus Snap Razor
- Eylure Volume No x100 Lashes
- Sleek Makeup Matte Me Lip Cream in Rioja Red
- iT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Pencil
- Nails Inc Nail Polish in Mayfair Market
- Look Good Feel Better Sculpting Sponge
- Erborian Pink Perfect Cream
- Soaper Duper Vanilla Shea Body Wash
- Tigi Bed Head Mini Hard Head Hard Hold Hairspray
- Beverley Hills Formula Perfect White Toothpaste
- St Tropez Instant Tan Finishing Gloss
- Yes To Cotton Comforting Facial Wipes
- BeautyPie 24 Hour Pass
Wow that’s a lot of products, and even more impressively this box is just £25, making it a total steal in my opinion because the products are genuinely useful and (bar one or two) I’m sure I’m going to use them all up.
- Sleek Makeup i-Divine All Night Long Eyeshadow Palette – This is just the cutest mini eyeshadow palette I’ve ever seen! They’re just big enough to actually use, although it might be a bit fiddly, but because the palette is so small it’s much more portable than my others, so perfect for taking with you if you’re getting ready at a friends house. The shades are all nudes, taupes, golds and coppers, so I’m sure they will work for the majority of people and you can create lots of different makeup looks using it.
- Sleek Makeup Matte Me Lip Cream in Rioja Red – I love Sleek’s matte lip creams, and nothing says ‘Party Starter’ like a beautiful red lip! Wearing a red lip immediately makes me feel put together and this true red should work for the majority of people. Again, this is a mini, which I actually prefer because it makes it so much easier to slip into a clutch bag for touch ups during a night out.
- Glamglow Gravitiymud Firming Mask Treatment – I’ve heard people rave about Glamglow for ages now, and I’ve always wanted to try their masks but they are way too expensive for me! This box includes a mini, which is perfect for seeing how you get on with the mask before splurging on it! I wouldn’t usually use a face mask on the day of an event (just in case it breaks me out!) but I would use it a couple of days before to prep my skin. I’m going to give this a go over the weekend and see what I think.
- Gilette Venus Snap Razor – Boy are these razors useful! I took one on holiday with me and it was so handy to have a mini razor in a box, rather than having to buy a whole new packet of them at the airport or throw one in my case and hope I don’t slice my fingers on it when I’m unpacking. Again, if you’ve booked a hotel to stay in before your big night out, this is such a useful thing to bring with you, so a brilliant addition to the box.
- Eylure Volume No x100 Lashes – Boy do I love my lashes, I always feel like I’m ready for a party when I put a pair on! These have volume, but they’re not so big that they would look ridiculous on. I’m sure I will get a few wears out of these, and I can’t promise I’ll be waiting for my next big party before cracking them out!
- Glitterlution Glitter Pots – These are going to be perfect for keeping hold of if any of you are planning to go to a festival in the summer! They’ll also be perfect for a bit of sparkle on New Years Eve, if glitter is your thing. I think I’ll probably steer clear of these (I’m still trying to get glitter out of my carpet after the last time I wore glitter…) but I will keep them juuust in case I get a burning desire to cover my face in glitter when summer rolls around.
- Yes To Cotton Comforting Facial Wipes – I’m not a face wipes fan at all, but I think I’ll keep hold of them for emergencies (as in, when I get in from a night out and really CBA to remove my makeup properly). I’m a fan of Yes To products, so I’m sure if I do use these it won’t damage my skin too much.
- BeautyPie 24 Hour Pass – I have yet to try BeautyPie products so this is such a useful voucher for me and I think I’ll be using it within the next couple of weeks. This is such a great way to figure out if BeautyPie is for you, and if you think it will be worth the monthly fee.
- iT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Pencil – OK so this is a grey brown shade, that will probably work for us paler girls but I can’t see it working for darker skin tones because it will look really ashy, which is a shame! Personally, it does work for me and I love that it includes a mini spoolie as it makes it perfect for adding some colour and brushing it out on the go.
- Beverley Hills Formula Perfect White Toothpaste – I hoard mini toothpastes for stays away from home and holidays, so this will be a great addition to my stash and really useful! Again, this is something that would be perfect for popping in your bag before a stay at a hotel (toothpaste is that one thing I’m bound to forget to pack, if I forget something!).
- St Tropez Instant Tan Finishing Gloss – So this isn’t really for me, because I can just see myself using it wrong and ending up with a streaky mess, but if you’re an expert tanner this would be a great addition to your stash of products! As this is a finishing gloss, I think it could work for a lot of skin tones, but obviously those with a darker skin tone may not find it useful. That said, there’s always 1-2 products in a box that probably won’t work for you, and I think the rest of the products more than make up for it.
- Nails Inc Nail Polish in Mayfair Market – This polish colour is just gorgeous, it really reminds me of caramel and I can’t wait to paint it onto my nails before a night out! I think this colour will work for lots of people, it’s nothing to wild and those of us who are fans of neutral shades will be just as happy with it as those who like to be more dramatic with our nails.
- Look Good Feel Better Sculpting Sponge – Beauty sponges are always useful to me, I find them perfect for getting a natural, dewy finish to my foundation. This one is the perfect size, and has a couple of edges that will make it perfect for patting in foundation across my face.
- Soaper Duper Vanilla Shea Body Wash – Mini body washes are always useful to me, again, because I can just pop them in my bag before a weekend stay away. This one smells gorgeous and I can’t wait to use it!
- Erborian Pink Perfect Cream – This mini is a primer and I can’t wait to see how well it works under my foundation! If it works for me, I’m definitely going to be popping it into my makeup bag before a stay away and night out. I’ve not tried anything from Erborian before, but I’ve heard good things so am excited to try it.
- Tigi Bed Head Mini Hard Head Hard Hold Hairspray – I very rarely use hairspray, but when I’ve had a blow dry done you can bet it’s going all over my hair to make sure the waves stay in place! I don’t think I’ll use this a lot, but as it’s a mini I’m sure I will get some use out of it at some point.